ASL design and deliver a backup and disaster recovery solution for Campbells Prime Meat Ltd. (turnover £50m+).
With our help the critical IT systems of Campbells’ high transaction, fast turnaround distribution business are now always working and available.
Campbells’ IT systems play a crucial role in meeting the day-to-day challenges of managing a fast-moving business, where speed and efficiency are crucial to success. They depend on us to deliver a robust, reliable IT infrastructure and a secure, highly available IT system.
The team at ASL have been Campbells’ trusted IT partner for over 10 years. Our understanding of distribution businesses is reflected in our proactive approach, we make certain the systems that support the business are up to the job.
“ASL’s disaster recovery service provides us with unlimited backups, off-site replication and DR servers in the cloud for all our keys systems. It has replaced our traditional backup to disk, duplicate to tape and a basic stand-alone DR Service with an all-encompassing end-to-end solution.”
Stephen Sweeney, Finance Director, Campbells Prime Meat Ltd
ASL’s backup and recovery solution for Campbells
- We replaced aging, multiple servers with a single, highly scalable, fully virtualized environment.
- We provide a reliable on-site backup solution that is replicated to an off-site Data Centre for complete peace of mind.
- We provide a highly available, fully managed Disaster Recovery Solution located off-site at a leading UK Data Centre.
- We also provide a proactive network monitoring service to resolve potential problems before they affect Campbells’ business.
The benefits of our virtualisation and managed recovery solution
- We reduced the time and costs Campbells were burdened with in managing and maintaining their aging hardware. We achieved this by removing and replacing multiple servers with a single virtualized environment. This had the added benefit of reducing their power costs.
- We significantly reduced the time it takes to commission new virtualised servers. In doing so we enabled the rapid implementation of new solutions to increase business efficiency.
- We eliminated downtime for server maintenance, which has saved Campbells’ the overtime costs that are often associated with ‘catching up’.
- We automated daily backups to increase reliability and reduce management and license fee costs. Campbells now have a simplified and fully automated process that is monitored by us.
- We ensured Campbells’ data security by utilising a complete off-site replication to a secure data centre with unlimited restore capabilities.
- We implemented a highly resilient, fully managed Disaster Recovery (DR) Solution, based on the latest Dell hardware. It replicates Campbells’ entire IT environment to a leading UK Data Centre. All key servers are on ‘live standby’ allowing the business to be fully operational within 4 hours of a serious failure. Campbells can be confident that if disaster strikes, access to their IT systems is no longer a barrier to their continued trading.
- We save Campbells’ time and money by identifying potential problems across their infrastructure. We then resolve these problems before they can impact their business.
- We enable Campbells to ensure their business processes are on track, and their customers receive their orders on time. We do this using our PRTG network monitoring service to ensure Campbells’ networks systems are highly available.
“ASL Solutions has consistently provided us with a quality IT support service. Having a partner that can be contacted even out of normal business hours is of paramount importance to us.” Stephen Sweeney
About Campbells Prime Meat Limited
Campbells Prime Meat Limited is Scotland’s leading catering butcher, employing over 300 staff and a turnover of £50M+ pa.
The company, based near Edinburgh, supplies traditional fresh meat and deli products to hotels, restaurants and public service organisations throughout Scotland and Northern England. The success of the business has been built on its reputation for supplying top-quality products to customers who rely on Campbells to always deliver on time.
With 24/7 ordering and guaranteed next-day delivery, the company typically processes over 1000 orders every day rising to 1500+ during peak trading.
Why choose ASL as your virtualisation and disaster recovery service provider?
We are a specialist Remote Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions provider, and we work with companies that need high-availability systems and data security.
We have the knowledge and expertise to enable you to protect your business from disaster in a cost-effective, secure and efficient manner.
Find out how partnering with Awareness can benefit your business, call us now on 0345 862 0350.